The most awaited, one-stop for all things Pakistani is finally here! If you are in Lahore from 6th till 8th April’19 (10 00 am to 8 00 pm) make sure you stop-over at the #Daachi19 Exhibition at Model Town Community Centre. #NoNonsenseNighat has a penchant for arts and crafts if you do too, read on as she reveals what’s new and how to navigate the event for a wonderful cultural shopping experience!
#Daachi19- What’s new?!
1. Theme: #Daachi2019 is dedicated to Pakistan’s valiant, armed forces who spend each moment trying to protect our country-Daachi Salutes them. Entry will be free for them and their family members upon providing proof of identity at the ticket counter.
2. The Daachi Nama: The most sought after publication that holds an assortment of articles ranging from architecture and calligraphy to health and wellness, will be available at the ticket counter and will also include features on our armed forces.
3. Daachi’s Own Merchandize: Up for grabs will be these truly unique items:
A. The Prophet’s (PBUH) Mudd: a copper mudd made to carry just the perfect amount of water for wuddhu. Shop it for Rs. 2,000/-
B. The Lunar Calendar: A special calendar with all the important Islamic dates marked on it,aiming to bring us a little closer to Islamic heritage. Shop it for Rs. 1,500/-
4. Artisans at work: This time, many of the artisans will be found creating their work at the event for you to cherish.
5. Children’s area: There will be a special area dedicated to our younger talent and our younger audience.
A. On the first day an area will be set up where children will be selling products thatvthey made, in order to encourage entrepreneurship in them.
B. The second and third days of #Daachi19 will have a puppet show and other entertaining activities for children.
6. #NoNonsenseNighat is coming to #Daachi19: Stay tuned to GENERATION’s Insta story and Snapchat as Nighat will be showing you around the event and marking stalls with some hot picks-be on the lookout for them!
Click here for a flashback to Daachi’s exhibition in November 2018.
1. Tickets purchased can be used for all three days
- Adult ticket: PKR 250/-
- University students: PKR 100/-
- Children entrance is free
2. Make sure you carry enough cash on you; however, the nearest ATM is in C Block Bank Square Market,about 10 minutes from the venue.
3. No plastic bags are allowed; vendors will have their own paper bags, however, you can either bring your own environmentally-friendly bags, purchase some from the event or get one of GENERATION’s recycled fabric bags
4. Parking is at a first-come-first-served basis and is limited. We encourage you to car pool or use the services of our transport partner, Careem. Careem promo code for the event is Daachi19
5. Wear comfortable shoes,carry a water bottle, have your phone charged or carry a power bank and make sure you tick all the things-to-get.
6. As the access to the venue is through a flight of stairs, make sure to ask for the directions to the elevator especially if you have elderly people with you.
View this post on Instagram
Carpet love 😍. [back alley where art gallery is setup] . . #daachi #daachifoundation #daachiexhibition #crafts #festival #art #artwork #handmade #celebrate #culture #Pakistan #instaart #Instapic #Instagood #artisan #artists #photography #sustainable #organic #ethical #work #love #volunteer
7. Many of our vendors do not have any social media accounts, so for any customized orders that you’d like to place later, it’s best to get their contact details at the event.
View this post on Instagram
8. We request that you adhere to the prices suggested by the vendors- how else does one support them?
9. Food stalls will be set up in the courtyard featuring your caffeine necessities, chillers, fries, chaats, pakoras, desserts and the very famous tawwa chicken!
Cover image source: www.thinglink.com